The purpose of this project is the realization of a collaborative movie among students from different countries, This movie will set in Roman times and will have the characters speaking into English ...and Latin!
This project has two parts: Etwinning project and Comenius project. During the Etwinning Project we´ll develop the creation of characters and plot, using ICT tools as much as possible... and during the Comenius we' ll shoot the movie in different locations, mainly in Roman remains close to participating High Schools.
Are you ready to become a famous actor / actress? Come on!
Your task is to develop of the following activities, individually or in pairs:
Each task requires one or more web 2.0 tools and Internet.
You have to upload your work to our common TwinSpace, in the suggested page.
You can communicate with other participants pupils across the TwinSpace mail or chat.
Here are some tips:
1. Do each work slowly but with selfconfidence. The teacher will show you at what time you should finish it. Try to connect with the subject to be taught in class, or with knowledge of the environment in which you move.
2. Be familiar with the use of programs you want to use. Explore its options. Create a folder in your documents with the name of each work. This is where you save images you get from the Internet, presentations, documents, etc.
3. Find online information, images, videos, etc, for your work. About information, save only what you consider relevant. Your works must be short and precise, always trying to be essential and synthetic. Check if your works are correct .
4. Get in touch with your fellow Europeans and learn with them.
...5.And the main thing, have fun.
In each of the tasks you are getting what you have to do and how you should do. Do not hesitate to ask your teacher if doubts attack you. Send messages to your European fellows, and contact them whenever you can.
In order to make your own work, you will need to:
1. Decide whether you want to work alone or in pairs. Try to help your teammate.
2. Design your work on paper or on a computer previously.
3. Talk with your teammate about the main aspects of your works.
4. Go to Resources in order to find the information you need for each section. Try to find all the information in the selected web pages.
5. Gather the information and pictures that can be useful for you.
6. Examine and analyse the information that you have found. Discuss with your teammate what you have got and explain for what it could be useful. Propose your choices and the reasons for them.
7. Use your own words to write your caption about your selected aspect.
8. Use the word processor spell checker or a dictionary if necessary, in order to create labours. You must include some pictures from the web.
9. Get in touch with your European friends. You will learn many things about them!
...and 10. And, especially, Enjoy it!
For different tasks we will use as a workplace our Twinspace.
For presentation, you can use Open Office Impress, Power Point or similar. Then you have to upload in Slideshare or similar. Then edit the suggested page in our Twinspace and embed the code. Don't forget to save the page!
For documents, you can use Open Office Writer, Word or similar. Then you have to upload in Scribd, Issuu or similar. Then edit the corresponding page in our Twinspace and embed the code. Don't forget to save the page!
For the different works you can use the resources and tools that the network provides:
Your job will be evaluated by your teacher following the parameters that appear in the box below.
|Does not collect
that relates to the
|Collects very little
relates to the topic
most relates to the
|Collects a great
deal of information-
-all relates to the
aloud; not easy
detailed to give a
with clear and
presented in an
|Collaboration||Work not well
even if workload
|Work well coordinated
of work, each
linked to make a
|Design of the activities||Project
minimal effort in
in design and
|Use of web 2.0 tools||Does not handle the different tools or interest therein||Handle tools with difficulty||Handle tools with ease and interest||Handle tools fluently and helps his teammates|
|Relationship with other European pupils||Does not communicate with other European pupils or does not show interest in||Tries to communicate with other European pupils but it's very difficult for him||Communicates with other European pupils very often, even though his English isn't very good||Communicates with other European pupils and learns many things from|
Put all your effort to learn. We will put our effort in teaching you.
You've learned interesting things about Rome and his life.
You've learned some important chapter in the history of your city or country
You have learned to handle new Web 2.0 tools.
And above all, you have made a lot of friends in Europe.
No doubt you can be proud of yourself.
Now that we have prepare our plot, it's time to meet us and shoot our movie.
It's your time as actor / actress!
The Webquest A short Latin Movie was designed by Ángel Luis Gallego Real with the collaboration of all teachers participating in the project, as an educational resource to Etwinning & Comenius Project with a similar name.
Thank you very much to:
Permission is hereby granted for other educators to use this WebQuest for non-profit educational purposes only. This Webquest is under Creative Common License 2.5.